Dr. Amal Ali, Program Director
Advisement for the major is available from the Geography and Geosciences Department.
Urban and Regional Planning, B.S. Environmental Planning Track Curriculum Guide (Suggested 4-Year Plan of Study)
All courses applied to the major must be completed with grades of C or better.
Except for GEOG 204 , GEOG 219 , GEOG 304 , GEOG 319 and GEOG 414 and URPL 308 , URPL 402 , URPL 408 , the core courses may be taken in any order, and a student may register for more than one in any given semester.
The Department of Geography and Geosciences recommends that the lower-division core courses (GEOG 204 and GEOG 219 ) be completed prior to GEOG 414 .
Transfer students must complete a minimum of 15 semester hours with grades of C or better in URPL and GEOG courses at Salisbury University, at least 12 semester hours of which must be at the 300/400 level.
This checklist is an unofficial tool for planning. Matriculated students and advisors should consult the Academic Requirements Report in GullNet before and after registering for classes each semester to track academic progress.
University Undergraduate Major Policies
- Refer to the program page for this major and the Courses section of this catalog for approved prerequisites and General Education courses.
- Requirements may not equal 120 credit hours. Students must register for additional electives to complete 120 credits required for graduation.
- All graduates must have a minimum of 30 credits of 300/400-level courses with C grade or above; at least 15 of those credits must be taken at SU.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for graduation.
- Students must complete at least 30 credit hours by direct classroom instruction and/or laboratory experience.
- Students must take 30 of the last 37 credit hours at SU.
- It is the student’s responsibility to satisfy graduation requirements. Please refer to the program page of this catalog for detailed major requirements.
- Students must apply online for graduation by November 15 for May and by May 15 for December.
General Education Requirements
Please Note: Check Major Requirements section below for a list of General Education requirements that are fulfilled by the major.
Group I: English Composition and Literature (2 Courses)
A. C or Better in One of the Following
B. Select One Course From:
Literature course (from either ENGL or MDFL Depts.) 4 Hour(s) Credit:
Group II: History (2 Courses)
A. Select One Course From:
B. Select One Course From:
Group III: Humanities and Social Sciences (3 Courses)
A. Select One Course from One of the Following Seven Areas:
B. Select One Course from One of the Following Nine Areas:
C. Select One Course from Either Group IIIA or IIIB (Course must be from a different area than previously selected)
- ART, COMM, DANC or THEA, MDFL, MUSC, PHIL, ANTH, CADR, ECON or FINA, ENVR, Human GEOG, POSC, PSYC, SOCI 3-4 Hour(s) Credit
- HONR 112 - Issues in the Social Sciences 4 Hour(s) Credit
- HONR 211 - Issues in the Humanities 4 Hour(s) Credit
Group IV: Natural Science, Math and Computer Science (4 courses)
A. Select Courses with Laboratories from at Least Two of the Following Four Areas:
BIOL, CHEM, GEOL or Physical GEOG, PHYS 4 Hour(s) Credit:
B. Select One Course (Need Not be a Lab) from One of the Following Areas:
C. Select One Course From:
MATH 3-4 Hour(s) Credit:
Group V: Health Fitness (1 Course)
- Complete courses to satisfy the major with a C or better.
General Education Requirements Fulfilled by Major
IIIB (Social Science), IVC (Mathematics)
Core Requirements (12 Courses)
Environmental Planning Track Requirements (5 Courses):
Complete at Least 3 from the Following:
Complete at Least 2 from the Following:
Must be different than taken above
Recommended Minor Areas:
Select one area: CADR, ECON, ENVR, GEOG, GIS, HIST or POSC