Sep 29, 2023
Advisement for the major is available from the Physics Department
Physics, B.S. Coastal Engineering Track Curriculum Guide (Suggested 4-Year Plan of Study)
The coastal engineering track is designed for students interested in pursuing careers in coastal engineering, graduate studies in coastal engineering and/or professional engineering licensure.
All required physics courses must be completed with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
Transfer students are required to complete at least 15 hours of upper-level courses in physics with grades of C or better at Salisbury University.
This checklist is an unofficial tool for planning. Matriculated students and advisors should consult the Academic Requirements Report in GullNet before and after registering for classes each semester to track academic progress.
University Undergraduate Major Policies
- Refer to the program page for this major and the Courses section of this catalog for approved prerequisites and General Education courses.
- Requirements may not equal 120 credit hours. Students must register for additional electives to complete 120 credits required for graduation.
- All graduates must have a minimum of 30 credits of 300/400-level courses with C grade or above; at least 15 of those credits must be taken at SU.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for graduation.
- Students must complete at least 30 credit hours by direct classroom instruction and/or laboratory experience.
- Students must take 30 of the last 37 credit hours at SU.
- It is the student’s responsibility to satisfy graduation requirements. Please refer to the program page of this catalog for detailed major requirements.
- Students must apply online for graduation by November 15 for May and by May 15 for December.
General Education Requirements
Please Note: Check Major Requirements section below for a list of General Education requirements that are fulfilled by the major.
Group I: English Composition and Literature (2 Courses)
A. C or Better in One of the Following
B. Select One Course From:
Literature course (from either ENGL or MDFL Depts.) 4 Hour(s) Credit:
Group II: History (2 Courses)
A. Select One Course From:
B. Select One Course From:
Group III: Humanities and Social Sciences (3 Courses)
A. Select One Course from One of the Following 7 Areas:
B. Select One Course from One of the Following 10 Areas:
C. Select One Course from Either Group IIIA or IIIB (Course must be from a different area than previously selected)
- ART, COMM, DANC or THEA, MDFL, MUSC, PHIL, ANTH, CADR, ECON or FINA, EDFN, ENVR, Human GEOG, POSC, PSYC, SOCI 3-4 Hour(s) Credit
- HONR 112 - Issues in the Social Sciences 4 Hour(s) Credit
- HONR 211 - Issues in the Humanities 4 Hour(s) Credit
Group IV: Natural Science, Math and Computer Science (4 courses)
A. Select Courses with Laboratories from at Least Two of the Following Four Areas:
BIOL, CHEM, GEOL or Physical GEOG, PHYS 4 Hour(s) Credit:
B. Select One Course (Need Not be a Lab) from One of the Following Areas:
C. Select One Course From:
MATH 3-4 Hour(s) Credit:
Group V: Health Fitness (1 Course)
General Education Requirements Fulfilled by Major
IVA (Lab Science), IVB (Non Lab Science), IVC (Mathematics)
Coastal Engineering Track (12 Courses)